Thursday, August 18, 2011

A little Pot never hurt anybody right?



Yup my cheekiness knows no bounds, and whilst I have caught a serious case of the Summer laziness with regards to my sewing, I've still been fiddling about with Crochet, one decorative filet Crochet project, my first, that just needs to be blocked. I am a wimp and have been putting it off for a month now Grrrrr, at least I have these to show you, and lo and behold my first Crochet pattern, been feeling like I've neglected you guys on the tue front since getting pregnant and wearing tents instead of vintage refashions :)

Anyway I'd been trying to get my hands on a stash of cheap cotton Kitchen twine for a while to try these out and lo and behold my new local $ store carries 200ft for $1 winner! so I filled my boots, pockets and even a hand basket ;) and got twiddling these up. I'll warn you know they are so addictive and whilst they are available made for you already at Ikea, my version has no queues, no map stress, no screaming kiddo meltdowns and will not have you spending $100's of bucks on lovely stuff you want but don't need, all four costs $5 in total.

LIDAN Basket, set of 2, white
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90081290






Crochet hook size 3.5mm for small and Medium and teeny and 4.00 for Large

Yarny type stuff: Cheapo Cotton Dollar store Kitchen String (Yup I'm super picky!
Starting off: Chain 6 then join into a circle with a slip stitch

Round 1. Chain 1, 12 sc into ring
Round 2. Sc into each of previous rounds 12 sc, use a contrast piece of yarn as a stitch marker.
Round 3. Work 2sc in each sc around
Round 4. Work 1sc into each sc around
Round 5. 1sc in first sc then 2 sc in next, repeat to end
Rounds 6 & 7. Work 1sc into each sc around
Round 8. Work 1 sc in each of first 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc, repeat to end
Rounds 9 & 10. Work 1sc into each sc around
Round 11. Work 1 sc into each of first 3sc, 2 sc in next sc, repeat to end
Rounds 12 & 13 Work sc into each sc around
Round 14. Work 1 sc into each of first 4sc, 2 sc in next sc, repeat to end
Round 15 & 16. Work sc into each sc around.
Round 17. Slip stitch into first stitch of previous round and weave in ends

Notes: Follow to end of pattern for Large, then continue rounds of sc in each stitch until pot has reached the desired height, then slipstitch to first stitch of previous round and weave in ends.

Follow to round 13 for Medium,   ''
Follow to round 10 for Small,    ''
Follow to round 7 for Teeny      ''

Remember to make it taller than you think it needs to be as it'll be less floppy if it has a fold over top.

Want a bigger pot? keep on increasing and working 2 rounds of sc after until you reach the size you like.

2 comments :

spidermom said...

ooooooh love love love! off to the dollar store to find some string....

Clare Malone said...

These are great Emma, love them, your so clever x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10